Are you looking for better ways to engage your audience? You have definitely thought about push notifications and are wondering why some of them are still talked about in a negative way. Try to answer the following question: What’s wrong with push notifications and completely out of your control? I agree. There is no […]
Are you looking for better ways to engage your audience? You have definitely thought about push notifications and are wondering why some of them are still talked about in a negative way. Try to answer the following question:
What’s wrong with push notifications and completely out of your control?
I agree. There is no logical answer to that.
Like any other marketing channel, push notifications have gotten backlash, despite delivering great results for those who use the channel wisely. In short, spam or not, it all depends on how you use push notifications.
Let’s take a look together to see how the channel can really help you.
Let’s start with:
What exactly are push notifications?
Push notifications are short media-rich messages that marketers use to involve their website visitors and bring them back to an app or website to ensure retention. There are mainly three types of push notifications:
- Messenger Push Notifications –Distributes content even to your iOS audience (currently not possible with browser push notifications) and allows you to send videos, GIFs, PDFs, etc. to your push traffic.
- Browser push notifications – Users can choose to receive your content without installing your app. Browser push notifications are received even when the user is not on your website.
- App push notifications – Android users subscribe automatically after installing your app, while iOS users would have to log in. App push notifications are received even if the user is not using your app.
Benefits of Using Push Notifications?
Not getting enough clicks from your emails? It’s time you gave push notifications a chance. What difference would that make? Let’s find out …
- Real-time delivery – Push notifications are delivered in real time and ensure immediate activation. Push notifications are perfect for editors trying to increase readership for new content and for partners trying to scale conversions on their sponsored posts. They are a complete solution for marketers struggling to actually get traffic in this ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) affected digital ecosystem.
- 0 space on your website – Say goodbye to crowded and nerve-wracking user interfaces. In contrast to ads, which permanently affect the user experience, push notifications occupy 0 pixels on your website.
- 100% Visibility – What better way to get your audience’s attention than with a message right on the corner of a screen? Push notifications exclude almost all engagement channels (emails, display ads, social networks, etc.) when it comes to ensuring 100% content visibility.
- Comparatively higher CTR – 12.6% (to be precise) when sent to the right audience segmentation at the right time. Compared to 0.5% (an industry standard) in display ads, this leaves no room for argument.
Alright. Now that we have a basic idea of what push notifications are and what kind of magic they bring to your marketing reports, we can quickly figure out which companies this channel is best for.
Who can benefit from push traffic?
To be honest, push notifications apply to every single website / app owner who wants to digitally engage their audience. Here are the two niches that rely heavily on push notifications for great results.
Publishers – On a broad scale, publishers use push notifications to post news, generate revenue from push ads, recover lost sessions with automated playbooks, and distribute content to a specific audience segment. This means that sports fans can get news about events and articles, for example.
Ecommerce Merchants – On the flip side, retailers use push notifications to easily generate more sales. You need to involve a visitor differently at different stages of the purchase. Automated push notifications serve this purpose perfectly by involving product viewers, collection visitors, shopping cart abandoners via various notifications and at the right time of marketing to ensure conversion.
Okay. If you run either of these companies, now you know how push notifications can help you hit the mark. Take these final words:
Surely you know how important customer loyalty is these days. It is important that you convert your new visitors (who have not yet granted permissions to the brand) into push traffic. Authorizations create a direct point of contact that ensures user interaction and retention.
Turning a website into a valuable asset that generates passive income is not a myth. In fact, with a little luck and hard work, virtually anyone can turn their website into a money making machine. Monetizing websites is a dream come true for entrepreneurs. It enables you to earn passive income without spending too much […]
Time is such an important component in marketing. Still, we tend to get the right message at the wrong time. Not only does this frustrate users, but it also reduces the likelihood of completing a sale. It’s always about getting the timing right. You have to get it right to stay in the game. Read […]
Push notifications play an important role in a successful mobile app marketing strategy. They can help you increase engagement, reduce churn, and turn inactive users into loyal paying customers. One of the advantages of push notifications is that they don’t require contact information from users. CTRs (click-through rates) are twice as high as emails. Plus, […]